Action Chair Åsa Östlund
Phone: +46 10 516 62 11
About COST Action FP1205
COST – European Cooperation in the field of Scientific and Technical Research – is one of the longest-running European instruments supporting cooperation among scientists and researchers across Europe. COST is also the first and widest European intergovernmental network for coordination of nationally funded research activities.
More information on COST can be found at the cost website http://www.cost.eu/
Among the key objectives of COST FP1205 are:
- Improving knowledge on the preparation of nanocellulose and regenerated cellulose from wood sources
- Modifying the properties of cellulosic materials to provide greater performance and potential for commercial uptake
- Optimisation of processing parameters for the scaling up of regenerated cellulosic fibre production
- Understanding the performance of new materials
- New products from regenerated cellulosic sources
Summary of the COST Action FP1205
During the four years of activities organized within this Action we have compiled a contact list of more than 400 individual contacts who all have actively participated at min. 1 of our activities. The contact list holds ~10% industry contacts, ~40% are females, and ~50% are Early Stage Researchers/Early Carrier Investigators.
The Action has met at 15 occasions during these 4 years of activities (conferences, workshops, and training schools) which is given as an overview in the attached file.
Scientific Advisory Committee
Action Chair: Åsa Östlund, RISE Research Institutes of Sweden, Sweden (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Action Vice Chair: Wim Thielemans, KU Leuven Campus Kortrijk, Belgium(Wim.Thielemans@kuleuven-kulak.be)
Grant Holder: RISE Research Institutes of Sweden, Sweden (FP1205GrantHolder@ri.se)