How to apply for Short Term Scientific Mission
The purpose of the STSMs is to support working visits to laboratories and institutions of COST Action FP1205 member countries.
10 STSM are available for funding in the current round covering the period 1st August 2013 to 15th May 2014. Everyone is encouraged to apply, but especially PhD students and Early Stage Researchers.
The maximum amount of funding per STSM is €2400. Please consider taking advantage of the opportunity.
Deadline for submission of Applications:
No less than 4 weeks before planned start of the STSM
Deadline for completion of the STSM:
May 15th, 2014 (NOTE NEW DATE)
- Applications must be made online using the official COST registration tool which can be found at www.cost.eu/stsm
- The information required for the application includes: dates of STSM, length of stay, title of planned scientific activity, short description of the work-plan, short CV and a budget request (to cover travel and living expenses during the STSM)
- In addition to the information required by the COST Office, applicants should also provide the following information to the Action Chair (Åsa Östlund: email@example.com), preferably in pdf format:
- a short abstract of the scope of the STSMs (1/2 page)
- a plan of the work to be carried out (1 page, approx.)
- a covering letter stating the benefits to be obtained from the STSM
- letter of agreement from the host institution
The applications will be assessed by the Action’s Core Group and will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- scientific quality
- relevance to the Action
- benefit to the applicant
STSMs for periods of one to two weeks would be preferable and may be given priority. The final decision on the approval of the STMs applications should be expected within 2-4 weeks of submission.
For any additional information please contact Åsa Östlund at firstname.lastname@example.org.